Open Educational Resources (OER) are any type of educational materials that are in the public domain or introduced with an open license. The nature of these open materials means that anyone can legally and freely copy, use, adapt and re-share them, depending on the license. OER range from textbooks to curricula, syllabi, lecture notes, assignments, tests, projects, audio, video and animation (UNESCO, 2018).
Affordable Learning Georgia (ALG) is a USG initiative to promote student success by supporting the implementation of affordable alternatives to expensive commercial textbooks, particularly OER.ALG Grants Round 15 RFP Due September 16: Apply Now!
Presentations and Research
- Tackling Textbook Affordability: Save Students $78K Using OERs: Watch a webinar on how one team created a textbook using SoftChalk
- Solving the Textbook Crisis with Open Educational Resources Whitepaper: Read about one of KSU's successful OER projects
- Breaking the Stigma: Faculty and Student Perceptions and Experiences with OER: Read about how KSU's ALG grants are impacting students and faculty
- Data on ALG Impact on Students at KSU
- Compiled Qualitative Data from KSU Final Reports
What can you do with $1,440,000,000?