Open Educational Resources (OER) are any type of educational materials that are in the public domain or introduced with an open license. The nature of these open materials means that anyone can legally and freely copy, use, adapt and re-share them, depending on the license. OER range from textbooks to curricula, syllabi, lecture notes, assignments, tests, projects, audio, video and animation (UNESCO, 2018).
Affordable Learning Georgia (ALG) is a USG initiative to promote student success by supporting the implementation of affordable alternatives to expensive commercial textbooks, particularly OER.Textbook Transformation Grants now open until April 8 for Round 14!
Resources and Research
- Solving the Textbook Crisis with Open Educational Resources Whitepaper: Read about one of KSU's successful OER projects
- Breaking the Stigma: Faculty and Student Perceptions and Experiences with OER: Read about how KSU's ALG grants are impacting students and faculty
- Data on ALG Impact on Students at KSU
- Compiled Qualitative Data from KSU Final Reports
- KSU Library Resources for Affordable Learning
- KSU Affordable Learning Strategies Video
- OER Created at KSU with Textbook Transformation Grants
- Open Educational Resources Commons
What can you do with $1,440,000,000?